March 23, 2020
Increased vigilance in preparation for Coronavirus (Covid-19)
The JCCH Administrative offices will be closed through April 30, 2020 in compliance with the Mayor’s request to work-from-home. Thank you for your patience and participation in this community effort to combat the effects of Covid-19.
March 16, 2020
Vigilance in preparation for Coronavirus (Covid-19)
As the impact of COVID-19 is felt in our global community, the JCCH’s top priority is to continue to do what we can to protect public health.
Further actions we are taking:
- Effective immediately the JCCH Gift Shop, Okage Sama De Exhibit, Honouliuli Education Center, and Tokioka Heritage Resource Center will be temporarily closed to the public until March 31, 2020. No Gift Shop or Resource Center in-kind donations of items will be accepted at this time.
- The 2020 Spirit of Aloha Gala Dinner and Auction at the Sheraton Waikiki has been turned into a virtual gala, with a future in-person gathering scheduled when it is prudent to do so. Please check our Gala Page for more information.
- The JCCH Administration Offices are currently closed to the public. Please call us at 945-7633 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with all inquiries.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and will take additional measures as needs arise. We take comfort in knowing that we are part of a compassionate and resilient group of volunteers, visitors, and community who consistently give with Aloha. Please take care.
Please check JCCH.com for programming updates and changes.
March 12, 2020
JCCH Covid-19 Notice
We at the JCCH are monitoring the Covid-19 virus situation and are following updates and public health recommendations from the State of Hawai‘i Department of Health, as well as information about the virus and recommended precautions from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The JCCH will remain open with regular operating hours with the following adjustments from Monday, March 16 through the end of April:
- The Tokioka Heritage Resource Center will be open by appointment only. Please call or email for appointments.
- The Gift Shop will be open Tuesday-Friday from 10am – 4pm; Saturday from 9am – 2pm; and will be closed on Sunday and Monday.
- All docent-led tours will be postponed or cancelled.
- The March 23rd and 28th film screening of A Tale of Samurai Cooking (Bushi no kondate) will be cancelled.
- The April 5th Spring Things Japanese Sale will be postponed (new date TBD).
- We will be suspending all volunteer activities beginning Monday, March 16 through the end of April
*Please check the website, jcch.com, for any further changes through April.
As we receive new information, we will continue to issue updates. We look forward to resuming all regular schedules, programs and events as soon as is prudent. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at 945-7633 or email email@example.com.
Thank you for your support, patience and understanding as we work to best protect our volunteers, patrons, staff, and greater community.