Facilities & JCCH Tenants
The Japanese Cultural Center of Hawai‘i facilities were built in the early 1990s at a total construction cost of $15 million. Professionally designed to evoke the Japanese influence on modern Hawai‘i, the JCCH serves as a gathering place, offering educational programs, services and cultural events to the community-at-large. The two-building complex, containing over 57,000 square feet, consists of a four-floor office building (Phase I, completed in 1991) that houses the main offices of the Cultural Center and leased office space, the Tokioka Heritage Resource Center and the Seikōan Teahouse and garden where chadō (the way of tea) classes are held.
The five-floor structure (Phase II, completed in 1994) includes the Historical Gallery exhibit, Community Gallery, Gift Shop, Ballroom, meeting rooms and a martial arts dōjō where kendō, karate, aikidō and naginata are practiced. The Phase II building also includes a 270-stall parking garage. A landscaped multi-purpose courtyard and sky bridge connect the two buildings. The Cultural Center sits in the heart of Mō‘ili‘ili.
The Japanese Cultural Center of Hawai‘i is currently home to the Honolulu Japanese Chamber of Commerce, United Japanese Society of Hawai‘i, KZOO Radio (1210-AM), Nisei Veteran's Legacy, Hawai‘i Japanese School (Rainbow Gakuen), Nippon Golden Network, Diagnostic Laboratory Services, Urasenke Foundation, and the JCCH Ballroom. All of the Japanese Cultural Center of Hawai‘i's leased office spaces are fully occupied.
Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Building
- JCCH Administrative Offices
- Tokioka Heritage Resource Center
- 201: Honolulu Japanese Chamber of Commerce (HJCC)
- 202: Rainbow Gakuen (Hawaii Japanese School)
- 203: KZOO
- 301: Nippon Golden Network (NGN)
- 302: Nisei Veteran's Legacy
- 303: United Japanese Society of Hawaii (UJSH)
- Seikōan Chashitsu (Teahouse)
- 401: Urasenke Foundation of Hawaii
Phase II Building
- JCCH Gallery Gift Shop
- Okage Sama De: I Am What I Am Because of You Historical Gallery
- Honouliuli National Monument - JCCH Education Center
- Kenshikan Dōjō
- DLS Laboratory Services
- JCCH Ballroom by Bamboo Catering