Are you looking for an invaluable way to serve the community and work with a great team at the same time?
Volunteers are the backbone of the Cultural Center and our mission of preserving the Japanese American experience in Hawai‘i. The Cultural Center requires a large cadre of volunteers. For this reason, we continue to accept applications for volunteer positions throughout the year.
While we recognize that many volunteers will contribute more hours than required, for most positions we ask for a commitment of a three-hour shift per week and that you be able to commit to a year or more of service. Other volunteer positions, such as the Special Events position, are on-call.
Join the team and help the Japanese Cultural Center of Hawai‘i serve the community and continue with our mission!
Volunteers at the Japanese Cultural Center of Hawai‘i enjoy the following benefits for sharing their time, skills and experiences with us:
· Opportunities to share personal knowledge, skills and experiences
· Educational and cultural enrichment programs for volunteers
· Quarterly newsletters
· Annual Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon
· Free admission to gallery exhibits
· Invitations to special walk through of new exhibits
· Participation in the Oahu Museum Volunteer Leaders (OMVL)
· Borrowing privileges from the Resource Center (some limitations)
· Free validated parking
· Most importantly, the satisfaction that comes from helping others supporters the Cultural Center mission of sharing the history, heritage and culture of the evolving Japanese American experience in Hawai‘i.
There are many interesting and rewarding volunteer opportunities available:
Discovery Box Assistant/Presenter
Gallery Docent/Tour Guide
Oral History Assistant/Transcriber
Resource Center Aide